We are Green Builders from the Ground UP!
- Foundations: Tremco “Watchdog” waterproofing system for foundations
Every gallon of Tremco Barrier Solutions waterproofing and damp proofing is water-based…very low VOC’S.
- Siding & Shakes: Green approved by the NAHB research center
Sustainable Formula for cedar discovery: Crafted of readily available natural materials- Cedar Discovery siding is safe, sustainable and recyclable.
No Paint, No Hassle…No harm done: Cedar Discovery doesn’t require paint or stain, so harmful VOC’s aren’t released into the atmosphere.
Breath Easy: Unlike some fiber cement products, Cedar Discovery do not produce harmful silica dust- silica dust can cause lung disease.
- Framing: Exterior walls are 2×6
2X6 Walls are an essential upgrade to help make your home more energy efficient by accommodating more insulation. The Energy Wall, a premium wall designed for maximum energy efficiency, includes 2X6 walls. This will maximize the homes energy efficiency.
- Engineered Framing System: Beams I-joist floor system, & plywood
Prefabricated wood I-joists provide a way to more efficiently use our wood resources while still providing high strength and quality products. The other benefit is that when compared to conventional lumber engineered wood products are more environmentally friendly because they use less mature trees. An added benefit is that the engineered framing system will result in less “shrinkage” and therefore less callbacks.
- Air Infiltration Barrier: TYVEK house wrap blocks air while still allowing moisture to exit the home.
Tyvek improves your homes energy-efficiency and overall performance by controlling airflow, holding out bulk water, and allowing interior moisture vapor to escape, therefore, reducing the energy needed to heat and cool buildings.
- Insulation: Energy efficient insulation system with Batt, blown, foam, and sealant package to keep your home tight.
Batt, Blown, & Foam Insulation: Used throughout the home to create high thermal resistance. Blown insulation is used to fit into hard-to-reach spaces and providing benefits by filling all gaps and voids, as well as slowing heat transfer. A combination of all three is an ideal way to reduce spending and keep an energy efficient home.
- Windows: Low E3 insulated glass windows, manufactured to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. An energy star product!
Silver Line windows are engineered with energy efficiency and quality in mind. Silver Line is proud to be an ENERGY STAR partner, offering energy efficient windows that help save on heating and cooling costs and create a comfortable home year-round. Their energy efficient features such as dual-pane insulated glass, Intercept® Warm-Edge Spacer and LoE3 glass make saving energy and money nearly effortless.
- Garage Doors: Insulated steel garage doors
A garage door opening is very large. Insulated doors will help to reduce the transfer of heat or cold air into your garage. This is important for a number of reasons:
1) Air in the garage can travel through the doorway to your living area.
2) If you use your garage as a workshop, your comfort will be a top priority.
3) If your garage is below another room in your home, air can travel through the ceiling of the garage into the floor of the room above. An insulated door will keep temperatures in the garage stable to reduce the temperature fluctuation in the room above.
4) An insulated door is generally quieter and has a more attractive interior.
- Gas Fireplace: 100% efficient gas fireplace
Vent-free gas fireplaces are 100 percent efficient because there is no chimney to lose heat. This makes vent-free gas logs a relatively low-cost source of short-period supplemental heat for a room. Purposeful, esthetically pleasing, and cost effective!
- Appliances: Energy star General Electric appliances
GE ENERGY STAR qualified appliances offer the benefits of
efficiency without sacrificing features, performance, style or convenience.
Entrance Door and Exterior Doors:
Therma-Tru entry door systems are ENERGY STAR® compliant and NFRC Certified. ENERGY STAR is a government-backed program helping customers protect through superior energy efficiency. Our “Smoothstar” fiberglass door is a 2011 qualifier.
- Gerber Toilets- low flow water saving
Boynton Construction Inc. is proud to have water conserving toilets that meet the highest standards in green homebuilding. They strives for sound, environmentally- friendly practices, that do so without sacrificing the quality, performance and affordability you’ve come to expect from Gerber.
- Eco friendly Faucets by Moen
Optimizing water flow without sacrificing performance. All faucets used in your home feature a 1.5 gallon per minute flow rate which uses up to 32% less water, while still maintaining the same great performance expected from Moen. The result is significant water conservation, faucets certified to meet WaterSense® criteria, and contribute towards maximizing LEED® points.
- Hot water heater: Direct vent high efficiency hot water heater
When it comes to high efficiency water heaters, it’s hard to match the expertise and innovation of Bradford White. Its “eco-friendly” design reduces gas consumption and Nox emissions. With a .63 Energy factor, 86 FHR and LEED® points, you’ll save on your yearly energy bill and get hot water with a fast recovery.
- Furnace: Multi-zone 92% high efficiency gas furnace with humidifier.
Efficient, Reliable, & Quiet Gas Furnace. The Comfort 92 Gas Furnace warms your home for less. With up to a 92% AFUE (Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency). All ductwork is insulated to reduce energy costs and homes are multi-zoned to regulate heating and cooling allowing for energy conservation.
- Lighting: Energy Star Lighting
Lighting products earning ENERGY STAR deliver exceptional features, while using less energy. Saving energy helps you save money on utility bills and protect the environment by reducing greenhouse gas emissions. Energy star fixtures combine quality and attractive design with the highest levels of energy efficiency available today.
- Paint: Low and zero-VOC paint
Sherwin Williams paints offer uniform finish while meeting environmental regulations with its low-VOC paint for walls and ceilings. The Harmony line used on our trim is a durable, zero-VOC, paint which meets the most stringent environmental coating specifications.
There are even more products that Boynton Construction Inc. uses at Ogden Brook Estates that will be incorporated into your home with energy efficiency and environmental care in mind. We would like to assist by reducing our impact on the environment and helping the neighborhoods where we live.
By going green it helps our customers to save money and conserve valuable natural resources.